Silver is a, white, lustrous metal capable of taking a high polish.
Due to its extraordinary technical properties it is used in a wide range of applications.
Silver is the metal with the highest electrical conductivity of all metals and is therefore essential for light- and heavy current engineering.
In addition, silver is the most malleable metal after gold. Its outstanding anti-fretting properties makes it the perfect coating for high stress application such as slide bearings in the aerospace industry.
South West Metal Finishing offers two types of Silver Plating which are specialised on the different properties of silver. Both types can be plated on various materials such as steel, stainless steel, copper brass and even aluminium.
- Rack and barrel plating available
- Precision masking available for selective plating
- Plating thickness analysis using XRF technology, Magnetic methods
- Defence Standards (Def-Stan
- Aerospace Material Specification (AMS)
Typical Applications Of Silver Electroplating
- Aerospace Industry, used as a sacrificial coating for bearings
- Electronics industry for contacts and relays
- Oil and gas, used for slip rings
- Space Applications, used in wave forms