Nickel is a silvery-white hard and ductile metal with good chemical resistance. It is commonly use as an undercoating for Decorative Chrome applications, but as an result of its technical properties it is also used for wear resistance. Even though Nickel isn’t as hard as Hard Chrome, it does replace it when a combination of wear as well as chemical resistance and ductility is required. Especially when the chloride resistance of nickel is much better than chrome.
SWMF applies a high performance Nickel electrolyte which enables a fast deposition of very high thicknesses, while ensuring best mechanical properties.
- Precision masking available for selective plating
- Larger deposit thickness available
- Plating thickness analysis using XRF technology, Magnetic methods
- Bespoke tooling for smaller volume precision parts
- Defence Standards (DEF-STAN)
- British Standard (BSEN)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Aerospace Material Specification (AMS)
Typical Applications Of Nickel Plating
- Refurbishing of worn parts in the aerospace industry
- Mechanical engineering