South West Metal Finishing has large capacity in Copper Plating. Copper is a relatively soft and ductile metal. Because of its shiny orange colour it is widely used for decorative purposes. But its most outstanding property is its very high electrical conductivity, which is ten times higher than the conductivity of carbon steel. Therefore copper plating is a common coating in the electronics industry. Furthermore copper is used as a reliable masking for nitride hardening.
Copper pyrophosphate is widely used for plating tubular items which cannot be processed using the acid method, giving a deposit which is smooth and bright with excellent throwing power.
It can be directly applied to metals such as brass, bronze and nickel silver.
- Rack and barrel plating available
- Precision masking available for selective plating
- Plating thickness analysis using XRF technology, Magnetic methods
- Defence Standards (Def-Stan)
- RPS 297
- AMS 2418
- WHPS 053
- Rolls Royce
- Dowty Propellers
- Agusta Westland
- And Many Others
Typical Applications Of Copper Electroplating
- Aerospace Industry, used as a masking for nitride hardening
- Electronics industry for contacts and relays
- Medical Equipment, used for anti bacterial properties
- Oil and gas, used for threaded areas